Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Camping in the Uinta’s

Last week Steve and I planned a camping trip to the Uinta’s for 3 days… and it was A LOT of FUN!!

We camped at Trial Lake

We borrowed Steve’s Family trailer and car

DSC_0144 DSC_0146

I thought we had the best campsite.  We could see other campers but we still felt like we were by ourselves.

DSC_0145 DSC_0147

On Thursday we hiked to Wall Lake and to The Notch

DSC_0015

This is one way to do it… We passed 6 horses on our way to the Notch.  3 riders and 3 packer horses.

DSC_0016

We made it

DSC_0018 DSC_0019 DSC_0020

DSC_0023 DSC_0028

DSC_0029 DSC_0031

The Notch from Wall Lake and Wall Lake

DSC_0035 DSC_0037

Steve doing some cliff jumping…

DSC_0040 DSC_0039

DSC_0050 DSC_0051 DSC_0052 DSC_0053

Doing some wading

DSC_0054 DSC_0055

Friday we went to the Provo River Falls and Mirror Lake

DSC_0066 DSC_0085

DSC_0082 DSC_0091

DSC_0096 DSC_0097 DSC_0099

I didn’t get any pictures of Mirror Lake because we got the raft out and went fishing… caught a few but nothing large enough to keep.

Friday after dinner we went down to the lake and fished.  In an hour and a half we caught about 6 fish.  It was a lot of Fun… But once again they were pretty small.

Eli sure LOVES his Daddy

DSC_0106 DSC_0109

DSC_0112 DSC_0113  DSC_0114

DSC_0128

DSC_0135 DSC_0140 DSC_0142

I caught the last fish

DSC_0143

We left Saturday morning… I was glad we went… Eli had a blast throwing rocks in the water (never gets old).

Look forward to going again next year.

1 comment: